The primary mission of Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) is to provide financial resources and related services for ministry, witness, and outreach of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). In so doing it shall raise funds primarily through the issuance of corporate notes and other debt instruments. Its assets shall be used exclusively for the following: To provide financing and services for the acquisition of sites; the construction of facilities; the purchase of buildings and equipment; operating expenses; professional church worker education; the residential housing needs of professional church workers; and other purposes approved by its governing board consistent with the ministry and mission of the Synod under policies approved by the Board of Directors of the Synod.
Reports to the Manager of Financial Retail Operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the department with researching, analyzing, and completing monetary exceptions related to ACH, BillPay payments, online transfers, debit card transactions and checks.
- Reviews checks deposited by our customers via numerous avenues
- Comprehends and applies rules and regulations appropriately to monetary exception decisions for each payment system (ex. Regulations E, J, Z and CC, ACH rules (NACHA), OFAC, BSA, USA Patriot Act, UCC, etc.).
- Interacts daily with partner bank and third-party vendors; ensures deadlines are upheld. Documents and escalates deviations (misses) and service level agreements to manager.
- Establishes customer access to electronic banking products and services; verifies user’s authority to act on accounts.
- Assist with our card products including but not limited to debit cards and gift cards.
- Interacts with Mobile and Online Banking platforms.
- Assist with ACH entries, resolves NOC’s and rejects.
- Manages calls from Customer Relations team to troubleshoot and resolve user’s challenges with electronic banking products and services.
- Processes customer requests for stop payments, wire transfers and other specialized functions.
- Collaborates with manager to review and update processes and procedures on a as need basis.
- Participates in periodic regression testing for multiple systems, as directed.
- Completes other duties and projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of one year of experience at a financial institution with emphasis in deposit operations, supporting card services and electronic funds transfers.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Meets deadlines consistently (internal or by regulation).
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in confidential matters.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, etc.)