Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (www.prumc.org) is a large, active, and growing traditional church (~1,800 in weekly attendance) in the Buckhead community of Atlanta. The youth ministry is an active, thriving ministry of ~350 active youth (180 weekly) and 25 outstanding volunteers. The Buckhead community is a fast-growing commercial and residential center. The church is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministry to join our amazing youth ministry team. The ideal candidate will feel a call to youth ministry and have a passion for educating young people with Wesleyan theology consistent with the United Methodist Church. We are looking for a self-starting team player. This position requires 1-3 years of youth ministry experience. Recent college graduates will also be considered.
The church is committed to developing its leaders and supports this position with a salary commensurate with experience/education and a very good benefits package. There will also be opportunities for further professional development including participation in various conferences and other learning activities throughout the year.
Each youth ministry staff member has particular responsibilities but we frequently work together for the good of the cause.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop meaningful relationships with youth and their families.
- Collaborate with the youth ministry team in planning, developing and executing exceptional weekly programs and special events.
- Have a presence on school campuses by speaking at campus Christian groups and supporting youth in campus events.
- Support logistics planning for youth ministry trips and special events. Support responsibilities can include coordination with vendors and partners, transportation, registration, budgeting, etc. The youth ministry coordinates approximately 6 trips a year.
- Coordinate and plan regular service opportunities for our youth through established partners.
- Responsible for female youth during local and global missions. This includes sharing accommodations with and providing guidance and counseling to 6th - 12th grade girls.
- Other duties as required.
At PRUMC, we are a team that seeks to challenge each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
- Leads with integrity, establishes credibility, and shows an unwavering commitment to PRUMC's mission.
- Proactive problem solver who can follow through on completing assignments and projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-3 years of youth ministry experience.
- Proficient in all forms of communication. Effective with one-on-one conversations as well as large audience presentations.
- Must have a history of being very organized and able to balance multiple projects at once.
- Familiar with Microsoft and Google Suites. Experience with Canva and social media platforms a plus.