· Oversees and monitors the finances for the Ebenezer Baptist Church and its affiliates through the annual budget process to ensure sound financial health.
· Prepare financial forecasts, projections, and analysis that enable the Church’s leadership to understand and respond to the impact on the short and long-term financial health of the Church.
· Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports. This includes preparing monthly profit and loss vs. budget reports including unrestricted and restricted sources of funds.
· Create and manage the annual budget development process for Ebenezer and its affiliates. This includes long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Church’s strategic plan, especially as it considers growth opportunities.
· Oversee daily fiscal processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other financial disbursements (functions).
· Develop and manage financial systems and internal controls. This includes increasing Ebenezer’s digital processes.
· Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds, as needed.
· Oversee the Church’s purchasing function and ensure efficient internal ordering, cost-effective pricing, and timely receipt and delivery of goods ordered.
· Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, including the coordination of electronic banking transactions.
· Oversee the annual external financial Worker Compensation audits and file Form 990’s as required for Ebenezer and its affiliates.
· Oversee donor fiscal reporting and stewardship.
· Manage the pledge collection and fulfillment process.
· Oversee workers compensation-related items.
· Oversee requisite insurance coverages.
· Maintain the Church’s banking relationships.
· Manage the Church’s bank accounts and reconcile bank statements.
· Provide regular financial reports to the Trustee Board, Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Finance Committee and Church auxiliaries.
· Support the Church’s Finance Committee
· Manage general accounting, financial reporting, strategic financial planning, and the annual budget process.
· Ensure that the month end close is done timely.
Oversee facilities governed by the strategic plan goals and objectives with a balance prioritizing mission and financial sustainability. This includes:
· Overseeing the development of a masterplan for the Ebenezer campus and its properties
· Overseeing all construction on the Ebenezer campus
· Oversee long term rentals and ongoing tenants.
· Support the Property Committee, Building and Grounds, and the Ebenezer Building Foundation
Develop and build out asset management functions by leveraging software, technology, and best practices. This staff person will collect and store all essential organizational documents for Ebenezer and its Affiliates. This includes:
· Organizing and filing by-laws, articles of incorporation, minutes from governing boards, audits, 990 Forms, and insurance policies.
· Tracking, completing, and paying all annual corporate registration documents related to the Church and its affiliates.
· Proactive management of ongoing financial and asset management responsibilities, including compliance and reporting
The CFO will be responsible for building and supervising a team with requisite skills.
Competencies and Experience
· High levels of persistence, curiosity, and enthusiasm
· Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
· Has resiliency/persistency, high energy, and a commitment to achieving goals.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of staff, board members and committees.
· Must be forward-thinking and have high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
· Should have sound knowledge, analytical ability, good judgment and strong "big-picture" strategic focus, while simultaneously maintaining an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective
· Accounting for and managing unrestricted and restricted funding.
· Experience in fundraising, campaigns and planned gifts is a plus.
· Significant experience in or knowledge of GAAP accounting, compliance, and reporting
· Working with finance and accounting software packages
Required Education and Experience
· At least 8- 10 years of non-profit or Church financial leadership experience with relevant work experience (e.g., financial analysis and reporting, asset management, coordinating with fundraising staff, budgeting, forecasting, cash flow planning, tax compliance, etc.)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All customers are required to follow CDC Guidelines for COVID-19 , wear a mask, surfaces sanitized regularly and vaccinations.
- Finance: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person