POSITION TITLE: Resource Specialist - Grants
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropy
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
TIME COMITMENT: 40 Hours – M/F (8-5)
SALARY: $19.00- $21.00 per hour
AGENCY PROFILE: Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego was founded in 1919 to provide service to those in need, to be a witness to the scriptural values of mercy, to advocate for justice, and to call all people of good will to join in these efforts. The agency responds to the needs of the poor in two counties of the Roman Catholic Diocese San Diego and Imperial.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Resource Specialist position is built for a task-oriented individual who embraces technical skills. The Resource Specialist will be responsible for the vital role of assisting with the processing of financial donations that come via mail, online and through credit cards. We are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, comfortable with technical tasks and works well in a team. The individual will be working closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Grants Manager.
1. Assist with Donor Services efforts
- Support daily gift processing efforts by following established procedures.
- Will support in the daily processing of donations through mail and online.
2. Ensure the Security and Quality of Data and Donor Information
- Will follow best practices to maintain the quality and security of our donor data.
- Maintain updates to donor records within the donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information.
- Ensure all data is accurately entered.
3. GRANT SUPPORT
- Research grant opportunities on various search engines.
- File and organize grant opportunities with complete paperwork.
- Work with Grant Manager on attachments necessary for grant opportunities.
- Update grant database (GrantHub) with opportunities as well as making sure all current funding sources are up to date and complete files.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, plus two- three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented and possess excellent skills in Microsoft Office Software.
Preferred Skills: * Word *Excel * Adobe *Raiser’s Edge * Grant Hub
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BENEFITS: Catholic Charities offers a full line of benefits to select from: Medical, dental, vision. Prescription drugs, life insurance, pension, 403(b), vacation, 15 holidays and sick leave.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.