Overview of Children’s Ministry Intern Position
Our church is seeking to hire a part-time (15-20 hours a week) Children’s Ministry Intern to work with our volunteer Family Ministry Pastor and our office staff to coordinate our Children’s Ministry. Tasks will mostly be administrative and generally include communication with parents and volunteers, adjusting the weekly curriculum to our church’s values and needs, physically preparing lesson materials, scheduling Sunday volunteers, maintaining classrooms, and assisting in the planning and execution of Children’s Ministry events. Pay will be competitive at an hourly rate.
Length of Internship
We are targeting a length of one year, with some flexibility, and beginning as soon as possible. After the internship period, there is potential to grow into a permanent position.
Overview of Vineyard Community Church, St. Louis, MO
Vineyard Community Church is a healthy church community that feels more like a family than an organization. Total Sunday attendance averages ~130 people in-person (with more online), including around 35 to 40 children aged 0 – 5th grade. Approximately 50 to 60 children regularly attend on Sundays. We are located in a suburban community in St. Louis, MO, about 15 minutes from the downtown.
One of the values of our church is that “Everybody gets to play,” and that includes the children. Our Children’s Ministry is currently well organized and staffed with plenty of space in our new building addition. We are looking for someone who can maintain the current system while being adaptable to changes on the horizon in this critical area in our church. We are feeling drawn in the coming season to integrate our children even more into the body of our church.
For more about our church: www.stlvineyard.org
Children’s Ministry Intern: Qualifications
- A follower of Jesus committed to continual growth in relationship with Him.
- Will commit to regular attendance at VCC and dive into community life here.
- Has a heart to minister to and equip children and families to follow Jesus, with some prior experience teaching or volunteering in children’s ministry.
- Possesses a teachable disposition with a good work ethic and is committed to completing projects with excellence and punctuality.
- Has organizational skills necessary to keep projects and systems on track. (Can see the big picture and how details fit in.)
- A team player who places relationships and unity above personal ambition.
- Communicates with both clarity and grace, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be 18 years or older, provide a reference from the current pastor, and complete a background check.
Children’s Ministry Intern: Specific Job Responsibilities
- Adjust each week’s curriculum per our church’s values and needs
- Prep each week’s lesson materials for volunteer teachers
- Maintain classroom spaces and devices
- Communicate with and coordinate volunteers
- Weekly communication with parents
- Schedule volunteers every quarter
- Organize and coordinate quarterly volunteer meetings
- Assist in recruiting new volunteers and orient / train them
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Internship Learning Objectives
- To grow closer to Jesus as you serve and connect with our team, children, and the broader church community.
- To learn new skills and tools as you gain operational experience in the Children’s Ministry.
- Discover more about God’s gifts and purposes for your life.
- Additional objectives are to be added individually and dependent upon the candidate’s interests and skills.
E-mail our Pastor of Operations and Equipping: Emily McCall (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us about yourself and why this position may be a good fit. Include at least one reference from your pastor. Call Emily with questions: 314-909-7626.