Kirkwood United Methodist Church
JOB DESCRIPTION - PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
To serve the KUMC community by maintenance of the church’s buildings, equipment, and grounds, and to do this with a sense of ministry; understanding that the property of the church is maintained to enhance the mission and ministries of the church. This position reports to the Property Manager and/or the Assistant Property Manager.
- Perform custodial tasks as assigned by the Property Manager and/or Director of Building and Office Administration. These include but are not limited to:
- Room setups, moving furniture, cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, disposing of trash, sanitizing services) and assisting with heavy cleaning (stripping and waxing floors, cleaning carpets) as assigned.
- Secure building by locking/unlocking doors as scheduled. Ensure that no persons remain in the building when locking up for the night.
- Grounds keeping duties as assigned to include but not limited to: snow removal, leaf raking and lawn maintenance.
- Communicate with the church office and/or group leaders and monitor the church office schedule as necessary to ensure all rooms are appropriate for the scheduled activities.
- Keep the Property Manager informed of any problems with the facility, equipment or personnel.
- Notify the Property Manager of pending shortages of custodial supplies and other routine maintenance items.
- Be able to work flexible hours and cover other employee’s hours when they are on vacation or sick as needed.
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
- Perform the general duties of your job in an excellent manner.
- Develop and maintain healthy working relationships with other staff members.
- Demonstrate initiative in carrying out ongoing duties.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for your work.
- Be committed to the church’s ministry.
- Effectively implement church program goals, as communicated by the assistant property manager/property manager.
- Carry out assigned duties in a professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the assistant property manager/property manager.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.15 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Masks are required and prefer staff to be vaccinated
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kirkwood, MO 63122: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location