$13 - $15 an hour
- Flexible schedule
- Custodial experience
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager the Custodian will assist and support our building in maintaining a high level of cleanliness and orderliness in classrooms and around campus.
Compensation: $13.00-15.00 based on experience
Shift: Second shift, Monday thru Friday, 3:30-8:30 hours may vary can work around schedule
· Cleans, sweeps, mops and scrub floors, stairways and hallways; dusts and cleans furniture, equipment, fixtures, windowsills, interior window railings, chalk rails and blackboards; polishes hardware; gathers and removes waste from building.
· Scrubs and disinfects toilets, wash bowls, urinals and washroom fixtures, and replenishes bathroom supplies.
· Dispose of trash in and around the school and church area.
· Clean main entrance windows inside and out.
· Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to scrubbing machine, wet/dry vacuum, and blowers.
· Have knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment ordinarily used in cleaning school buildings.
· Knowledge of floor care a plus
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other custodial personnel, faculty, students and the public.
· Constantly observes the condition of school property and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct all unsafe conditions.
· Maintain an inventory of supplies as needed, inform Facilities manager of needed supplies
· Performs any additional duties assigned by facilities manager
- May be needed to work on a Sunday or Saturday for church services or outside functions
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· A minimum of one year of custodial experience preferred but not required
· Meet all physical demands of the position
· Ability to learn routine repetitive tasks quickly.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Work quickly and efficiently
· Experience working in a school setting strongly preferred
· Willingness to accept, implement, and grow from constructive feedback
· A strong commitment to cleanliness and order
· Climb stairs routinely
· Push, pull, or move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
· Ability to operate cleaning machinery
· Range of motion to reach above shoulders
· Grasp/Grip/Turning Handle or Knob
· Finger dexterity
· Lifting/carrying: Occasional need to lift/carry 25-75 lbs. (up to 33% of the time); Frequently need to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. (33% to 66% of the time);
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO 63103: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- One location