Reporting to the LCMS Secretary, the Office of Rosters, Statistics and Research Services provides management and administrative support for the LCMS Secretary as well as other executives and ministries throughout the LCMS.
The Rosters and Statistics Department maintains the official LCMS rosters and statistics of congregations and church workers. Additionally, this office provides list management services for the rosters of schools, congregational lay leaders, recognized service organizations, LCMS Boards and Commissions, and both LCMS high school and junior high school youth. Much of this information is published in the Lutheran Annual and is available on the LCMS Web site. Information is also made available to all congregations, schools, districts, and boards, as well as to other approved organizations.
Research Services Department provides a full range of research and analysis services. Besides supporting the ministry offices and LCMS Officers located at the International Center, Research Services provides assistance to the seminaries, districts, and other entities.
The Office of Rosters, Statistics and Research Services also provide the LCMS Secretary with support services for several areas. This support includes: convention support, synod wide election processes, monitoring the integrity of the LCMS rosters, and other special projects.
- Position reports to: Director of Rosters, Statistics and Research Services
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with maintenance of the LCMS rosters and other lists/related data, ensuring compliance with the LCMS handbook as well as operating procedures, and coordinating with district offices and the LCMS Secretary the resolution of rostering issues.
- In support of the LCMS Secretary, assists with various Lutheran Annual production processes as well as preparation of the data to be published in the annual.
- Assist with the development of training materials for external constituents, including FAQ’s, video tutorials, webinars, wiki’s, and other resources as directed to assist customers using the online tools provided by RSRS.
- Responsible for assisting church workers, congregations, and other constituents with record maintenance and system support needs on the phone and by email.
- Track user issues, from initial intake through resolution, and provide direct input into the existing user tools, making recommendations for improvements based on everyday experience and user feedback.
- Performs clerical duties related to department productivity including sorting and preparing mail and document scanning.
- Assists as directed in the testing and implementation phases of enhancements to the LCMS Information Support Network (LISN) systems.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the department director.
Education And Experience
- Two years or more experience in list maintenance and customer engagement, or related fields, required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree or equivalent degree in business administrative fields is preferred.
- Experience with church ministries, especially those of The LCMS, is preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills And Abilities)
- Strong relational/service skills
- Strong PC skills
- Strong data entry (accuracy and speed)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good organization skills
- Able to prioritize workload
- Driven to meet deadlines
- Requires minimal supervision