The NBA Development Associate will oversee the coordination and tracking of development activities including yet not limited to gift processing, acknowledgement processes, database management, reporting, and reconciliation. The Development Associate will support the staff to implement and achieve goals in annual fundraising, major gifts, and planned giving. A successful
Development Associate will be familiar with NBA’s overall development activities and maintain a mastery of the development database, Raiser’s Edge, to effectively support NBA’s fundraising efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the Raiser’s Edge NXT Database including: a. Develop, implement and oversee a relationship management tracking system with the database b. Serve as staff liaison for effective database use, including as-needed training for other members of the NBA staff c. Manage gift reconciliation in partnership with the Finance staff d. Work with staff to ensure prospect and donor records are properly updated, including running reports, effectively completing constituent imports and exports
2. Enter donor gifts into the database
3. Send timely gift acknowledgements and assist in other donor stewardship activities
4. Create and maintain weekly and monthly development progress reports
5. Manage and conduct prospect research; assist to identify and qualify major gift prospects
6. Assist with event support administration including yet not limited to scheduling travel logistics for staff, donor events and development meetings
7. Assist with Annual Fund mailings and other donor communications
8. Assist in all areas of development, as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess with a proven track record of extensive database management.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, and mastery of development database, Raiser’s Edge NXT software, with Blackbaud certification appreciated
- Ability to manage and protect confidential information
- Self-starter able to receive an assignment and carry it through to completion with minimum supervision
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work alone and alongside others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of proven, progressive fundraising experience
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated success with Raiser’s Edge. Experience required and Blackbaud certification a plus
- Experienced database management
- Continuous on-the-job learning and knowledge building
- Ability to work alone and alongside others
- This position will work in the NBA St. Louis office. Currently, a hybrid work model is in place with a 3-day in-the-office work schedule and a 2-day-from home schedule.
- Extensive use of technology required and proficiency in this is necessary.
- The ability to communicate in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- The ability to occasionally lift fundraising materials up to 40 lbs; and, when traveling, to manage luggage up to 50 lbs.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
The National Benevolent Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The National Benevolent Association, in affirmation of its commitment to excellence and cultural relevance, endeavors to provide equal opportunity for all individuals in its hiring, promotion, compensation and employment practices. Organizational decisions regarding hiring, promotion, compensation and human resource practices will be based upon a person’s qualifications and/or performance without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, gender, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, military status, or religion, except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy extends to every phase of the employment process including: recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job assignment, compensation, benefits, transfers, reductions in force, terminations, and organization-sponsored educational, social, and recreational programs. (From The Employee Handbook for the National Benevolent Association, page 8)
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a letter of interest and a current resume in PDF via email to
DCartwright at NBAcares.org with subject line DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 17, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Central
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
All employees must be fully vaccinated (including a booster if more than 5 months from your vaccinations.) Masks required in large gatherings. Masks always an option for every employee. COVID19 sick days added if someone contracts COVID.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Required)
- Raiser's Edge: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location