St Louis Immanuel Church is a local community church. The Janitor/Maintenance Technician is responsible for cleaning and miscellaneous maintenance and repair of two facilities owned and operated by church.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Ensuring that church facilities are clean and safe at all times.
· Completing assigned maintenance repair tasks including but not limited to:
· Drywall repair – patching, painting
· Carpentry repair – doors, molding, furnishings, cabinets
· Plumbing repair – toilets, sinks, bathtub, shower, caulking
· Electrical – maintain lights interior & exterior, light fixtures
· HVAC – filters, grills, belts, baseboard heating
· General Maintenance and Safety – CO2 & smoke detector batteries, exits free & clear
· Household Utilities – appliances
· Maintain cleanliness of buildings – garbage removal, sweeping and mopping floors, dusting, street litter removal, graffiti removal
· Grounds – maintain exterior walkways, stairs, patio, fences, lawn care
· Snow Removal
· Assisting with vehicle maintenance, repair and safety requirements
· Assisting in the creation of preventable maintenance and repair schedule. Responds to emergencies related to the facilities, grounds and vehicles.
· Assisting in maintaining different building systems i.e.: HVAC, fire alarm systems and fire extinguisher equipment. Completes errands as directed
· Answering all emergency calls using the company phone and responds in a timely manner.
· 24/7 on-call first responder to emergencies for all buildings
· 24/7 monitoring of the maintenance/repair line
Prospective applicants must have knowledge in the various building trades including: janitorial, electrical, plumbing, drywall, HVAC, and carpentry; a minimum of three years of experience with facility maintenance and safety requirements; knowledge of and ability to operate miscellaneous hand tools, power tools and large equipment such as lawn maintenance equipment, floor machines, etc; good oral and written communication skills; good organizational skills; ability to work independently and mult-task; ability to work effectively as a member of a team. Computer literacy with proficiency in MS products (Word and Excel) is preferred. Hourly rate is based on experience. Attractive benefits package will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
required to wear a mask.
- Associate (Preferred)
- building maintanence: 3 years (Preferred)
- Janitorial: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations