- In grateful response to God's grace and empowered by the Holy Spirit through Word and Sacraments, the mission of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is vigorously to make known the love of Christ by word and deed within our churches, communities, and world.
- Reports to the Ministry Support Manager/Assistant to the Chief Mission Officer
Essential Job Functions
- This position will be part of a team providing administrative support to various departments of Synod.
- Collaborates with the Ministry Support Manager and other team members to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the administrative support function.
- Assists with developing and executing administrative processes and automation to improve workflow.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to program staff on administrative policies and practices in the International Center.
- Participates in training opportunities – both individually and as a group, formally and informally – with team cross-training as the goal.
- Assists with conferences and meetings hosted by LCMS departments (in-person and on-line) – sets up online conference registration, coordinates meals, transportation, and lodging, checks-in attendees, serves onsite, etc. Coordinates, prepares, and assembles all necessary materials and resources for the events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by booking airline, lodging, and transportation as needed.
- Handles data entry accurately and timely on various software applications and databases.
- Prepares contract builders for outside contracts.
- Works with Communications to maintain ministry websites. Organizes webinars.
- Provides assistance with video recordings and edits.
- Reconciles purchasing cards via Chrome River, prepares purchase orders and check requests, pays invoices, schedules meetings, maintains and orders supplies.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- Assembles publications and other resources.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent experience, with minimum of three years in a position with administrative responsibilities, required.
- Active member in good standing of a Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod congregation, preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Experience working in a team setting with the ability to transition smoothly between a variety of responsibilities and initiative to help wherever needed.
- Demonstrated skills with computers, including spreadsheets, databases, and other software applications, including Office 365.
- Willingness and ability to learn new programs.
- Desire to provide excellent and professional administrative support to various departments as needed.
- Ability to develop strong knowledge of International Center procedures.
- Pleasant demeanor with good communication skills.
- Aptitude for focus and attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and discretion.
- Bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge of a foreign language a plus.