Full Job Description
The Project and Events Coordinator partners with ministry areas and leaders to plan, execute, and debrief projects and events from concept to successful completion. This role requires excellent attention to detail, flexibility, strong organizational skills, and proven project management experience.
This person must be highly skilled at identifying and monitoring milestones, timelines, and logistics for assigned projects/events. They excel in collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders, anticipating needs, securing information and resources, as well as managing budgets and external vendor/contractor relationships. This role is critical to ensuring that assigned projects and events fulfill organizational goals in ways that align with organizational values.
This person is solutions-oriented, an excellent communicator, and able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. They are able to coordinate their efforts with little direction and shepherd a project/event from conception to completion in partnership with others. This person is able to handle competing priorities in a professional and timely manner. This person is comfortable with technology and systems, as well as creating processes that support the implementation of successful projects/events.
They are someone who is committed to, and supports, the vision and mission of Manchester UMC, and its leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Must be available to work Sunday mornings
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Projects & Events
- Convene and facilitate kickoff and debrief meetings
- Identify key stakeholders and their roles in the project/event
- Facilitate systems and processes to keep projects/events on schedule
- Collaborate with Finance to monitor and report project/event expenditures
- Manage event registrations, cancellations, payments, refunds, etc.
- Coordinate with clergy, staff and other stakeholders to ensure success
- Identify and secure necessary resources
- Manage vendor/contractor relationships
- Ensure attendance and other records are collected and appropriately stored
- Keep project stakeholders informed about key project/event updates
- Anticipate project/event needs and proactively develop solutions to address
- Implement established safety procedures in case of an emergency during worship (e.g., weather, medical, fire, intruder, etc.)
- Serve as primary point of contact and coordinator for all worship-related logistics
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and related conversations
- Manage worship planning calendar(s)
- Support and collaborate with worship stakeholders (e.g., clergy, staff, musicians, AV/tech, facilities, volunteers, etc.) to ensure a smooth and meaningful worship experience
- Coordinate the creation of worship slides and ensure their accuracy
- Manage altar flowers program
- Recruit, train, coach, and schedule Welcome Team members so that Manchester UMC consistently demonstrates excellent hospitality and care to others
- Recruit, train, coach, and schedule Online Moderators for worship and other live online events
- Protect and maintain confidentiality across all settings and forms of communications
- Foster strong working relationships with Manchester UMC staff and coordinate with them on systems, procedures, policies, and vision to ensure alignment
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Pastor of Ministry and Leadership to support the ministry of Manchester UMC
Skills & Talents
- Must have a passion for Christian ministry as expressed by Manchester UMC
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be collaborative, compassionate, creative, innovative, and solutions-oriented
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in team environments
- Must possess strong time management skills and excellent organizational abilities
- Must be comfortable addressing and resolving conflict in a healthy way
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- This position is expected to work 40 hours per week, including Sunday mornings. It will occasionally be necessary to work evenings and additional weekend hours.
- Position is eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, employer retirement account contributions, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days and continuing education.
- Manchester UMC is a large, historic, and vibrant United Methodist church located in West St. Louis County, Missouri. More information about the church can be found online at http://www.manchesterumc.org/about
- The above statements are intended to describe the general rule of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job- related duties required by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Title: Projects & Events Coordinator
Job Code: AS435
Hours/Week: 40 hours
Department: Projects & Events
Supervisor: Executive Pastor of Ministry & Leadership
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and wage requirements. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
See www.manchesterumc.org/covid for Covid related policies and practices.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester, MO 63011: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manchester UMC is an inclusive church where ALL are welcome and affirmed. Our pastors support the full inclusion of LGBTQ+ persons in the life of the church (including weddings and ordination). Our welcome statement says, "We extend God’s love and grace to ALL people. Therefore, as we journey toward a greater understanding of one another, we respect our human family’s diversity of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, family structure, marital status, socioeconomic status, education, political perspective, faith history and life experience."
Question: What is your level of comfort supporting the inclusion of all people in all roles and activities of the church?
- When could you begin if hired?
- Are you able and willing to work most Sunday mornings?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- professional project management and/or event planning: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location