- Work with the Bookstore & Café team to assist customers with purchasing items, ordering coffee, etc.
- Clean the Bookstore & Café area, including syrup pumps, coffee pots, towels, and other equipment and spaces.
- Ensure the coffee bar remains stocked, including but not limited to cups, lids, snacks, coffee sleeves, cold drinks and syrups, and notifying manager when supplies are low.
- Make drinks (regular coffee and special drinks) or take orders as needed.
- Run the cash registers as needed.
- Help run the bookstore.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
This position will be completed in 14.5 hours a week, including Sundays and some weekdays. Some evenings and holidays are required.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 25 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job.
- Barista experience a plus.
- A faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening their personal relationship with Christ, models this to others.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- In agreement with Southeasts Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Dedicated to the development of Gods people in their roles of discipleship, servanthood and outreach.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter.
- Skilled in building and leading gifts-based teams to accomplish shared purposes, they are also a team player who sees the need to take others with them in the journey of leadership and leadership development and equip others for community-building impact.
- Demonstrates wise judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to live in and cultivate biblical community.
- Champions the pillars of Southeast and core values of the staff. Values the culture of Southeast Christian Church.
- Adhere to Southeasts Staff Expectations: (1) work hard; (2) deal with conflict biblically (Matthew 18); (3) have a "solutions-focused mindset" (propose solutions, not just problems); (4) engage in community, worship and growth by being in a life group and attending one Southeast church service each weekend; (5) biblically tithing to Southeast Christian Church; (6) no gossip; (7) lives a life of integrity; (8) has a positive attitude.
Self-Development; Interpersonally Astute; Nimble Learning; Action Oriented; Customer Focus; Instills Trust; Collaborates; Ensures Accountability
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.