Provide billing and commission remittance support for broker-produced business. Reconcile transactions between Church Mutual records and broker records. Ensure commissions are accurately paid or taken by brokers. Ensure payments are applied accurately and timely to broker billed policies. Work to resolve outstanding balances on broker billed policies.
- Serve as the primary billing and commission contact for broker-produced business.
- Complete reconciliations of billing, payment, and commission transactions between company records and broker records.
- Validate commission is accurately paid or taken by the broker. Work to resolve commission discrepancies.
- Calculate and manually pay commissions for polices handled outside of the billing & commission systems.
- Apply payments & commissions accurately and timely to broker billed policies.
- Review receivable aging reports for broker billed policies and work to resolve outstanding balances.
- Review and take the appropriate action on commission system control reports.
- Manage broker accounts by completing disbursement, charge-off, and billing/commission adjustment transactions when applicable.
- Complete other billing related duties as assigned, such as the manual billing processes for group business.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years prior experience with insurance billing operations and systems.
- Strong Excel capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and external customers.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to investigate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.58 - $23.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday