The Care/Life Events Pastor will work collaboratively within our Adult Ministry Team to direct the centralized care ministry strategies at FBC in alignment with our overall vision. They will also assist with shepherding the Boomers generation at FBC demonstrating and developing a vision forward with compassion and desire to see them serve the community. The ideal candidate is a humble, mature leader of others, with a warm and caring heart to grieving families, and a shepherd who loves people.
This part time role will coordinate/officiate the majority of FBC life events (memorial services & weddings) including pre-marital testing (through Prepare & Enrich) and the associated follow-up. They will oversee the volunteer Visitation Team who will assist with most hospital, home, and hospice (H3) visits including overseeing recruitment, training, and coordination. They will oversee the senior saints (Boomer+) activities including the Boomer+ Servant Team. They will coordinate care, crisis, and counsel needs (C3) including referrals to the Adult Ministry Team members, pastoral team, Counseling Center, and other vetted counseling professionals, as required. Finally, they will serve as the ‘on call’ pastor by handling and dispatching care needs.
- Seasoned leader familiar with leading from brokenness and team collaboration.
- At least a decade of church or para church ministry experience.
- Competent at counseling, weddings, funerals, and other general pastoral tasks.
- Biblically trained, a graduate degree from an evangelical seminary or equivalent, and/or extensive experience in church ministry.
Qualities / Personal Characteristics
- Loves people
- Relational style of leadership
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for eldership
- Aligns with FBC’s mission, vision, strategy, and doctrine
- Financial integrity
- Sexual integrity
- Self-aware and teachable
- Maintains healthy family relationships
- Accepts accountability
- Lifelong learner
- History of healthy conflict resolution
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, please email Lou Butler, FBC Executive Pastor, at email@example.com