Full Job Description
The Director of Marketing and Communication will develop and manage a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy for the Parish and School, Work as a part of a team, fostering team relationships that model the kind of community we strive to be in our Parish Mission Statement. The Director of Marketing and Development will be a liaison to the Young Adult Community in Good Shepherd.
- Provide support and assistance to the Pastor, Principal, Director of Faith Formation and Director of Evangelization on various means of communication and best practices for communicating with all parish audiences.
- Work in consultation with the Director of School Admissions
- Create and manage a master communications calendar.
- Define key audiences and recommend strategy for the most effective communication to those various audiences.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Experience in Communications, marketing and social media management.
- Proficient in the use of online evangelization tools, e.g. Formed, You Tube, Flocknote, live streaming software, etc.
- Experience with the creation and execution of social media strategies.
- Proficient in a wide variety of software: e.g. WordPress, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, live-streaming etc.
- Must complete all Archdiocese of Denver Safe Environment Training
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of Catholic Parish Life, Catholic Church doctrine and teachings, specifically the call for the new evangelization.
- Practicing Catholic
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Good people skills are essential as the person who works in this position works around people of various ages, including children, and with others as a team.
- Able to communicate clearly, be self-aware of appearance, language and behavior at all times.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to foster team work; able to work with others in a supportive manner
- Takes initiative in developing relationships with parishioners and ministries to assist in developing a communication strategy
- Must be able to be physically active for an 8 hr. a day job.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Must be able to move or manipulate items up to 25 lbs. (arranging tables, using carts for various events)