The Archdiocese of Denver exists so that in Jesus Christ, all might be rescued and have abundant life, for the glory of the Father.
We are living in a new apostolic age, where Catholics and the Catholic Church must reimagine the way we share the Gospel and participate in the Great Commission.
The successful Project Manager ensures we achieve these substantial responsibilities by working in the Office of Marketing and Communications (MarComm), and in conjunction with the Chief Mission Officer (CMO). You thrive when given the chance to break large projects and lofty ideas into manageable tasks and are only satisfied when who does what by when is agreed to by everyone involved.
Day to day, the role involves an exceptionally high level of organization and assertiveness, the ability to clearly set and communicate expectations, and the ability to provide consistent and proactive follow-up in advance of deadlines.
You are the first point of contact for work requests generated within or received by the MarComm team. You understand the type of work a MarComm team or ad agency does, in order to help the requestor provide a general scope of work with the goal of defining a project and its deadlines to its smallest parts. To help with this you will attend ideation and discernment meetings as projects are evaluated. You will be thoughtful and inquisitive to ensure the goals of a project are clearly understood by all involved in its execution. Projects and tasks may range from graphic design tasks (e.g. ensuring a PowerPoint deck meets Archdiocesan branding guidelines) to multi-phase communications campaigns that can last over a year.
You will also work with our Chief Mission Officer to ensure project goals and timelines are met. These projects will require you to engage employees from various departments, communicate clearly, and hold team members accountable to deadlines.
With guidance from the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, you will coordinate and lead MarComm weekly team meetings and check-ins as needed. This includes advance preparation of meeting agendas and scheduling. You will also delight in recognizing and highlighting mission wins of the team or individual teammates.
1. Respond to inquiries or requests from co-workers, leadership, or representatives of parishes with Christian charity and a heart for their mission;
2. Maintain and proactively update project management software to accurately reflect timelines, due dates, status of projects and tasks, and approval processes;
3. Provide clear and concise follow-up with stake holders, designers, approvers, and content providers;
4. Provide selfless, effective, and proactive support to your team, the other teams within the Pastoral Center, and the related entities we serve;
5. Set weekly agenda for the Managers Meetings with input from the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications;
6. Generates a monthly project report that highlights completed and ongoing projects;
7. Serve as liaison between the Office and outside agencies and subcontractors.
1. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications;
2. Suggest new content or processes that could improve marketing and communications;
3. Schedule appointments or correspond with various individuals and organizations;
4. Assist in the planning and coordinate department-related events and contribute to department wide meetings;
5. Participate in team gatherings and spiritual growth opportunities provided by the Pastoral Center;
6. Maintain communications with all parish staff members, appropriate Pastoral Center staff members, and other key constituents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Require a bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience;
2. Minimum of two years as a Project Manager, preferably in an ad agency or media-related environment.
3. Project management certification a plus
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
2. Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
3. This position requires intermediate-level technical and analytical skills;
4. Demonstrate examples of past successes as a member of a team, apostolate or office; experience working in a customer service and/or ministerial capacity a plus;
5. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills, proficiency with basic platforms (Word, Excel, etc.), and the ability to become an expert on platforms employed by the Marketing & Communications team
6. Be able to maintain all written and verbal work products in the strictest confidence, never assume someone knows something, and never be afraid to say “I don’t know, I can find out and get back to you”;
7. Be able to consider alternative courses of action and select the best one; tackle problems or issues directly and make decisions in a timely manner; exercise sound ethical judgment;
8. Consistently perform all job duties with a high degree of accuracy while meeting necessary deadlines;
9. Be able to establish rapport, putting people at ease; show genuine interest in others' needs and feelings at appropriate times;
10.Be able to develop work objectives and action steps for job duties;
11.Be proactive to meet the requirements of different work situations; maintain patience, confidence and composure under pressure or adverse circumstances without compromising the timely completion of job duties;
12.Present a positive professional image.
1. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. This position will involve periods of administrative work in an office environment.
3. Use of sensory activities, such as talking, seeing, and hearing, will be required frequently. Position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
4. This position requires ability to sit for extended periods, and frequent pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping, reaching over head, reaching away from body, and repetitive motions.
5. On occasion work may involve deadlines or extended hours that can result in brief periods of mental and/or emotional stress.
6. Position requires ability to frequently lift/move objects of up to 10 pounds in weight, and occasionally lift/move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.