The role of the Communications and Office Administrator is to represent St. Luke’s UMC at the office front desk both for calls and in person visits. This individual is often the first person encountered requiring a gracious welcoming and clear communications to assist as needed and guide people to the right resource. This role also oversees the preparation distribution of a variety of communications materials to include bulletins, newsletters, and other regular publications.
Position Duties and Tasks:
- Compile, prepare, edit, print, and assemble worship bulletins for all services.
- Maintain bulletin boards.
- Assemble and/or produce various church publications to include church directory, church newsletters, documentation for church conferences and various church pamphlets.
- Create, and distribute various church communications from inputs received including broadcast emails, “This Week at St. Luke’s,” mass mailings and other communications as needed.
- Maintain the www.stlukeshr.com website to include updating the church calendar, posting the bulletin, and posting other materials as directed.
- Liaison with outside groups such as AA, NA, Scouts, etc. in regard to communications needs through St. Luke’s.
- Oversee contract and volunteer communications efforts.
- Manage building access during office hours.
- Greet visitors and answer questions, provide directions, etc.
- Grant access to the building as appropriate.
- Notify staff of arriving appointments.
- Assist visitors as able and connect with other assistance as needed.
- Refer individuals to Love INC for assistance as appropriate.
- Maintain automated opening and closing times for main entrance.
- Oversee implementation of St. Luke’s key policy.
- Answer phones and email forwarding voice mails as appropriate
- Oversee reservations of rooms and equipment.
- Maintain up-to-date calendar of events and schedule rooms necessary for on-going activities.
- Update the daily calendar display in the foyer.
- Track church membership and attendance using Servant Keeper and working with the Director of Community.
- Coordinate volunteer office help.
- General office area housekeeping to keep area organized, neat and clean
- Sort and distribute mail in staff mailbox.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Provide basic office equipment maintenance.
- Attend regularly scheduled and specified meetings as appropriate including staff meetings and weekly worship planning meetings.
- In partnership with the Associate Pastor, keep prayer concern, grief database and post or email updates as needed.
- Oversee the security systems, knowing and maintaining codes as well as coordinating system maintenance as needed.
- Provide special services as needed in support of activities such as baptisms, weddings, and funeral/memorial services.
- Provide general office support for staff personnel.
Other duties as assigned by the lead minister
- Excellent communicator in spoken and written word; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Independent worker able to manage time and set appropriate boundaries.
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor who is a good listener.
- Able to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Able to organize, prioritize and support a variety of staff requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Ability to learn new processes and technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and operation of common office equipment.
- Ability to learn new software and systems.
- Able to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Present a professional, friendly welcome to St. Luke’s.
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
This position is part time currently at 20 hours per week. Benefits include group medical, AFLAC, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, Bereavement Leave, Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), Family Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI), and the Colorado SecureSavings Plan.
See website at: www.StLukesHR.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
HR use only
Job code: Part-time
Position title: Communications & Office Administrator
Management? (Yes/No): No
E/NE status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Range: $18.00 to $19.00 per hour
Last revised: February 2023
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 4 hour shift
Work Location: One location