Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: *
A Cook at Catholic Charities:
- Completes all aspects of food preparation for meal for specified shifts
- Directs work of volunteers and/or resident help in the kitchen.
- Executes and maintains an efficient, economical and nutritious food service program for the shelter.
- Receives and supervises the food donations and makes arrangements for the storage of food products and other materials necessary to the food service operations.
- Assists with food production and presentation of daily menu items and special events.
- Monitors that only the highest standard of quality is maintained in the production of the daily meals.
- Monitors that all kitchen sanitation and safety regulations are observed at all times.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Institutional and restaurant experience as well as a good working knowledge of all food preparation and production standards including sanitation safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of all commercial grade kitchen equipment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: *
Salary: Starting at $18.00/hour with increases commensurate with experience & education.
Training: * We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: *In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?* If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law, other than those positions which are deemed ministerial in nature. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Location: 4330 E 48th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour