The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is seeking an organized, self-motivated, flexible professional with strong customer service and administrative skills to join its Development Department. The Development Associate - Donor Management is responsible for providing coordination and administrative support under the supervision of the Direct Marketing & Donor Management Director. This includes providing day-to-day donor relations support within the four states (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and part of Montana), database maintenance, direct marketing implementation, and donor research. This full-time position is performed on-site in downtown Denver, paid at an hourly rate of $20.00 with benefits.
· Provide coordination and administrative support to the Direct Marketing & Donor Management Director including the management of confidential files and reports, processing mail and donations, and data research.
· Assist with the scheduling, preparation, editing, mailing, and tracking of acknowledgements.
· Answer phones and respond to donor gift inquiries taking appropriate follow-up action as necessary in a timely manner.
· Manage the Hug Your Hundreds program to thank first time donors who contribute between $100-$999.
· Maintain integrity of donor database by generating reports and mailing lists, updating addresses, managing donor attributes, merging duplicate records, adjusting errors.
· Coordinate donor communications including preparation and editing of letters, emails, and other communications, ensuring timely and appropriate execution.
· Manage inventory of marketing materials – order as required and fulfill orders to ensure it stays within budget.
· Process matching gift forms and assist with the processing of workplace giving donations.
· Maintain pledge campaigns, including monthly reminders, donor preference updates, and adjustments to donor pledges.
· Provide personalized letters and cards in response to tribute gifts and prayer requests, along with submitting donor testimonies to the marketing department.
· Process correspondence, tribute gifts, requests for information, prayer requests and other inquiries.
· Assist DMD with campaign management by processing data uploads and code generation.
· Become familiar with the metrics reporting requirements and execute as required.
· Interface with vendors, track projects and schedules.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Minimum three years of experience in an administrative support position, B.A preferred.
· Experience in a development role, preferred.
· Experience supporting multiple individuals simultaneously over 1 year.
· Experience in scheduling, ordering, and monitoring production and distribution of publications and other marketing materials.
· Experience working with the public – excellent customer service experience.
· High degree of experience in use of computer applications and platforms including data base management software and basic office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or their equivalents).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
· Driving Test and clean MVR check (if applicable).
· Excellent Customer Service skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent proof-reading skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
· Prior relational database experience required (Salesforce, Blackbaud, DonorPerfect, Portfolio).
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and with strong self-initiative.
· Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with good judgement, and confidentiality.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
About The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is spiritual regeneration of all people. The Salvation Army’s ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in his name without discrimination.