Position of Director of Communications and Membership, Full-time
LUTHERAN CHURCH OF HOPE VISION STATEMENT: “Sharing and Transforming faith, hopes, and lives.
LUTHERAN CHURCH OF HOPE MISSION STATEMENT: “Lutheran Church of Hope proclaims Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by
- worshipping together,
- making disciples of all members,
- reaching out to spread God’s Word,
- and providing loving support to all.”
LCHope is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical handicap, medical condition, or age, to the extent required by law. This applies to all employment practices, including hiring, promotions, training, disciplinary action, termination, and benefits.
We expect all staff members to show respect and sensitivity toward all other staff members and to demonstrate a commitment to LCHope’s equal opportunity objectives.
The Lutheran Church of Hope Communications and Membership Director is a faithful person, called to be part of a team in serving God’s people in this place in God’s creation.
The Director of Communications and Membership is a full-time position that will help shape the church’s communications policies; maintain active communications between the church and its members and outside community; and manage the church’s membership directory and all aspects of print and digital media. The Director will be the main source of contact for all church members as well as all outside media requests. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, SquareSpace, Google Drive, and EasyWorship are a plus. Ability to adapt to new programs and consider creative alternatives.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
POSITION RELATES TO: Director of Administration, Director of Faith Formation, Music and Worship Production Staff
CONGREGATION/MINISTRY COUNCIL RELATIONSHIP: The Board of Trustees is responsible for all lay professional staff as far as terms of any agreements, contracts, covenants, salaries, and evaluations.
CHURCH MEMBERSHIP: It is encouraged that the Director of Communications and Membership is at least an Associate Member of Lutheran Church of Hope.
SAFETY AND TRAINING: The Director of Communications and Membership will complete a full-background check, be finger-printed, as well as complete child safety and harassment training modules within 30 days of beginning employment at Lutheran Church of Hope.
REMOTE WORK AND ENVIRONMENT: This position may be a hybrid position of both remote and in-person office, varying based on schedule and intensity of the church’s life and calendar. A computer, office, software, and phone extension with voice mail will be available for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, support and enhance the vision and mission of Lutheran Church of Hope.
- In partnership with the Lead Pastor, Minister of Administration, and other leaders, shape the communications ministry of LCHope.
- With support of the Lead Pastor and Director of Administration, form a core communications team to equip and empower members and associates of LCHope to assist and support the communications ministry.
- Attend Office Staff Meetings as well as All-Staff/Ministry Council Meetings as well as other various ministry
- Coordinate LCHope branding across the LCHope ministries; Guide ministry leaders on the use of the LCHope brand
- Serve on the Mission Advancement Team to guide annual appeal design and communications
- Participate in the worship life and ministry of the congregation as able, being present for major congregation functions such as the Annual Meeting, Oktobeerfest, and any other special events of the congregation’s life.
DIGITAL AND PRINT MEDIA
- Prepare the print and digital publications of weekly and special worship bulletins, e-newsletters, and Audio/Visual (A/V) documents
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office and Teams and Google Drive.
- eAnchor emails through Constant Contact
- Video presentations through Visme
- Special bulletins include funeral/memorial, wedding, holiday, and others as needed, often created through Microsoft Word
- A/V documents for digital worship include cue sheet and missal
- Load graphics into EasyWorship for weekly Sunday liturgies and/or funeral or special liturgies as needed.
- Manage and post to LCHope social media platforms
- Currently includes Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Authorize users, posts; respond to feedback as necessary
- Maintain lchope.org website content currently on SquareSpace
- Connect website events to eAnchor and social media platforms
- Maintain contact pages on a regular basis, including general inquiries, prayer requests, flower requests, etc.
- Update, revise, and renew website layout and template as needed over time
- Be the point of contact for all press; coordinate press releases; design and prepare seasonal advertisements for marketing in local outlets
- Include church event info in Broomfield Enterprise “In the Pews” column and Community Calendar
- Regular marketing outlets currently include Broomfield Enterprise newspaper, Our Broomfield monthly magazine, and OpOutdoor bus depot
- Work with Google for Nonprofits to maintain Google Ad Grants and create marketing for that
- Design, publish and distribute the LCHope Annual Report and the LCHope Financial Report
- Be willing to explore new avenues of communications for the congregation, including apps, texting, new media, email marketing tools, etc.
- Participate in behind-the-scenes worship production as available
- Provide advice and suggestions on continuously crafting a better, more professional online video production
- Maintain the churchwide membership directory in ServantKeeper and volunteer database in Ministry Scheduler Pro (MSP)
- Set up worship volunteer schedules seasonally
- Sync volunteer information between ServantKeeper and MSP
- Provide access to both databases and respond to inquiries when requested
- Work with Lead Pastor, Director of Administration, and Pastor of Spiritual Formation for the updating of database with new members and associates of LCHope.
- Be the point of contact for LCHope ministry leaders and members re: technological support or membership requests
- With the Prayer Minister Coordinator, help maintain and publish the congregation prayer list
- Use Notebird to connect prayer requests with ministry leaders
- Publish and coordinate the photography in LCHope’s church life; maintain an active archive in Google Photos.
- Coordinate internal LCHope marketing through brochures, ministry publications and online media, usually using InDesign, Microsoft Word
- These also include Confirmation Handbooks, Sunday School webpage, event-specific webpages
- Four weeks (including 4 Sundays) annually will be designated as Paid Time Off. Unless there are unusual circumstances, time off should be taken during less intensive times of the church year, and in accordance with the Staff Handbook of Lutheran Church of Hope, all paid time off will be communicated prior to the Lead Pastor and/or the President-Elect of the Congregation. Paid Time off may be accrued up to one-years’ worth. Upon maximum accrual, paid time off taken will be pulled from the accrued allotment before using the current year’s allotment.
- An annual conversation of goals will take place each year following the completion of the program year sometime in late May or early June.
- Read and understand the Staff Handbook of Lutheran Church of Hope.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in communications, marketing, digital media, and appropriate software.
- An understanding or a willingness to learn the Lutheran witness among the one holy catholic and apostolic church.
- Experience as a “team player” and ability to relate to others with good interpersonal skills.
Salary and Continuing Education:
- An annual compensation package with retirement and health benefits in the range of $47,500-$50,000.
- Continuing Education funds will be considered by the Board of Trustees on a case-by-case basis.
- Either party may sever this employment agreement by giving 4 weeks (28 days) notice.
- Congregation will supply a computer for position to fulfill duties with appropriate software
- Desk w/phone extension and voice mail
- Email address
- Business cards
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,500.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location