The Elementary Director will provide supervisory leadership and oversight of the elementary and pre-teen ministry area including the execution of vision, values and programming to ensure the creation of a vibrant ministry environment that allows children to learn and experience the gospel on a weekly basis.
- Develop high quality programming for Sunday morning services and mid-week ministry for elementary and pre-teen areas.
- Maintain dynamic and biblically sound environments that attract and engage with children, especially focused on Kindergarten through 5th grade ages.
- Select and utilize curriculum resources to help parents reinforce biblical lessons at home.
- Recruit and develop lead volunteers to assist in each area of elementary and pre-teen programming.
- Maintain a culture of recruitment, training, and equipping volunteers.
- Shepherd and disciple volunteers to ensure their spiritual growth and a sense of community.
- Maintain Kids Elementary budget and ensure it is honored and Kingdom focused.
- Maintain visionary leadership for the future of the elementary ministry at Southeast.
- Implement a well-planned out approach to the elementary and pre-teen yearly ministry calendar.
- Work closely with other staff on any areas of ministry cross-over.
- Partner with other staff for special events (including VBS, Easter, Christmas and other church events).
- Perform other duties, as needed.
This position will be completed in 40+ hours per week (Sundays through Thursdays). Some holidays, weekends and evenings may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones. This job also operates in a large classroom setting and requires standing, bending, kneeling and more.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 30 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- 2+ years experience serving in Kids Ministry or related field.
- Church staff experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree, focused in Children’s Ministry, Child Development, or related field, a plus.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job.
- A faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening their personal relationship with Christ, models this to others.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- In agreement with Southeast’s Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Dedicated to the development of God’s people in their roles of discipleship, servanthood and outreach.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable and a self-starter with the catalytic leadership influence and impact.
- Skilled in building and leading gifts-based teams to accomplish shared purposes, they are also a team player who sees the need to take others with them in the journey of leadership and leadership development and equip others for community-building impact.
- Strong social, biblical and verbal skills that enable him/her to be an effective and creative communicator.
- Demonstrates wise judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to live in and cultivate biblical community.
- Champions the pillars of Southeast and core values of the staff. Values the culture of Southeast Christian Church.
- Adhere to Southeast’s Staff Expectations: (1) work hard; (2) deal with conflict biblically (Matthew 18); (3) have a "solutions-focused mindset" (propose solutions, not just problems); (4) engage in community, worship and growth by being in a life group and attending one Southeast church service each weekend; (5) biblically tithing to Southeast Christian Church; (6) no gossip; (7) lives a life of integrity; (8) has a positive attitude.
Customer focus, Decision quality, Directs work, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Interpersonally astute, Builds effective teams, Communicates effectively, Drives engagement, Instills trust, Demonstrates self-awareness, Manages ambiguity
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.