The Mission of the Archdiocese of Denver:
The Archdiocese of Denver exists so that in Jesus Christ all might be rescued and have abundant life, for the glory of the Father.
At the Archdiocese of Denver Pastoral Center, we seek to live this mission by living the following values. You will be love working here if you aspire and strive to live these.
Abide in Relationship:
Having become sons and daughters of the Father in Baptism, we grow in relationship with him and our neighbo
Be the Cavalry: Our desire is to build up Gods Kingdom and to rescue our neighbor. The work to be accomplished is ours. No army is coming; we are the cavalry.
Confound the World: We recognize were on mission to proclaim the power of the Gospel in the modern wilderness, a hostile land which requires courage in the face of opposition.
Our joyful, countercultural witness perplexes the world and plants seeds of curiosity about its origin.
Key Job Responsibilities (and KPIs for each: what success looks like in this role):
Communication with Leadership at the Archdiocese and at Schools, Parishes, and Ministries
- Metrics: Weekly review and updating of job requisition processes
- Response to all calls and email inquiries (even Helpdesk) same business day (or within 12 hours if toward the end of the workday)
- Setting up follow up connections with key players in the situation within 2 business day
- Alerting Director of HR and/or Superintendent about issues within 24 hours of inquiries
Investigation of Issues;
- Metrics: All relevant initial connections/communications/interviews completed within 1 week of initial issue arising
- Following established processes for researching issue
- Making connections with key parties
- Asking key questions and documenting responses effectively
Analysis and Recommendations *Metrics:
Analysis and recommendations on each personnel matter presented to Director of HR and/or Superintendent within 2 business days following completion of initial investigation
- Clear and organized written documentation of all the established facts, including a clear summary and tentative conclusions
- Establishment of any additional materials that may be relevant
- Presentation of initial findings in a coherent manner
- Regular updates to key leaders after initial assessment and next steps taken
- Documentation and filing of all conclusions and final outcomes
Center of Mission Engagement and Apostolic Maintenance Resource Development
- Metrics: Quarterly (or more frequently) updates and communication of resource documents on Knowledgebase pertaining to personnel matters
- Creation of process documents, templates, and other resources for ministries/schools/parishes
- Coordination with Marketing and Com
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to update websites with resources and other communication, as necessary
- Send key communications to ministries/schools/parishes about resources available
- Presenting at various pastor training workshops, as requested
- On-site training for parishes, schools, and ministries
Other Duties as Assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in business, psychology, organization development, human resources, or another related field
3+ years successful experience in HR or management/leadership
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be a practicing Catholic eager to carry out the mission of the Archdiocese to rescue all people in Jesus Christ for the glory of the Father
Willingness to learn and grow
Team Player and Relationship Builder: An ability to establish rapport, put people at ease, and show genuine interest in others' needs and feelings at appropriate times while building trust through healthy conflict
An ability to maintain strict confidence regarding all information and issues addressed under this position; Must be able to recognize and respect confidential information in all forms.
Strong organizational skills and attention to details
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for clarity, collaboration, and ease of work
Working knowledge of relevant hiring employment law, a plus
Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Adobe, and a generally sound understanding of how to navigate other information systems. Recruiting software, a plus.
This position requires ability to sit for extended periods.
Standing walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, and squatting also will be required as necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Comprehensive and Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage:
The Archdiocese of Denver Welfare Benefits Trust medical plan options cover preventive care at 100% o Teladoc Services: Provides access 24 hours, seven days a week to U.S. Board-certified doctors
Alternative Care: Covers 50% of each medically necessary treatment/visit per calendar year for Chiropractic/Acupuncture/Spiritual Care/Massage Therapy/Naturopathy under the Copay plan and Choice options.
Natural Family Planning: The program covers up to $500 of expenses associated with the cost of an approved natural family planning (NFP) course/method and associated NFP supplies for all medical plan options (per calendar year) o Maternity Management Program: Advice, free educational materials Generous
Paid Time Off: 22 days starting + 18 paid holidays (including the full week between Christmas and New Years.
Pension Plan: Annual Contribution of 6% of salary to retirement plan
Parental Leave: 60 Calendar Days (for mothers) and 30 Calendar Days (for fathers) fully paid upon the birth/placement of a child (natural birth, adoption, foster-to-adopt)
Cemetery and Mortuary Discounts
Employer-Paid Life Insurance
Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Catholic Biblical School: Free and discount course
Augustine Institute: 25% off masters degree course