Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Family Development Specialist at Catholic Charities:
Provides a range of counseling, education and supportive services to pregnant women, fathers and their families at Catholic Charities’ Marisol Health Centers. Works as member of a collaborative care team, provides expert subject matter consultation to staff and ensures the integration of a continuum of services through Catholic Charities and the community.
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by supervisor/ management.
- Performs comprehensive psycho-social assessment of adults, children and families through interviewing, record review, and other appropriate methods.
- Determines the necessary level of intervention by evaluating client data.
- Develops, implements and modifies treatment/service plans with individuals, families and ancillary service providers.
- Provides counseling, crisis intervention and supportive services to assist clients in reaching treatment goals.
- Monitors and assesses client progress towards identified goals.
- Initiates collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and parishes for reasons of advocacy, education, resource development and public relations.
- Plans curriculum and facilitates support/educational groups for adults, children and families.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced social casework/counseling skills in complex and specialized cases.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in trauma-informed counseling with adults and families.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
- Flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Basic knowledge of computers is required.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (MSW/MA/MS) in Social Work, Counseling, Sociology, Psychology, Child Development or closely related human service field from an accredited college or university; 2-3 years post graduate experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual (English and Spanish) language preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $24.00 per hour. DOE salary/year with increases commensurate with education and experience. Schedule is for 30-40 hours per week.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday