Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
Supports the daily operations of the Marisol Family locations, especially in the leadership and support of volunteer teams. Interacts with host parishes and surrounding parishes on behalf of Marisol Family by strengthening relationships with pastors and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, supports, and provides ongoing training to volunteers.
- Collaborates with Community Engagement Specialist in volunteer appreciation efforts.
- Coordinates ongoing training & educational opportunities for volunteers.
- Recruits volunteers for Marisol Family locations.
- Training and Onboarding of new volunteers – both short and long-term.
- Responds to, documents, and works to address volunteer concerns.
- Maintains relevant databases.
- Incorporates interns and service groups into the Marisol Family mission.
- Scheduling: works with volunteer leads at his/her regional houses to ensure all shifts are staffed and fills in where necessary.
- Provides direct service to families and individuals, and models Marisol Services values for volunteers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key area resources.
- Assists with client care and referrals as needed.
- Collects and submits needed data and reporting from volunteer leads for region.
- Assists Family Engagement Specialist with client programming within region.
- Collaborates with Community Engagement Specialist to implement Christmas, back-to-school and other programming for region.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- 4 yr degree in a human services field preferred and/or 1-2 years experience in a human services or leadership role
- Demonstrated proficiency in administrative procedures
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead others in an empathetic, collaborative manner
- Trauma-informed mentality and/or willingness to learn trauma-informed practices
- Able to collaborate in a parish environment
- Able to promote and support life-affirming philosophy of client care
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff, volunteers and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 yrs of volunteer management/leadership experience preferred. Bilingual (especially in Spanish) a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $18-21/hour DOE
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
On this clinical team you will benefit from a high level of support and high levels of expertise. We engage in regular reflective consultation and support professional development. All members are mission driven and committed to making an impact in our community toward the betterment of the most at risk families.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law, other than those positions which are deemed ministerial in nature. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location