I. Recognize trends in key industry, economic, competitive, and compliance conditions and initiate the development of new products and the upgrade and maintenance of existing products. Implement changes as appropriate. Draft coverage forms and develop supporting documentation needed for implementation.
II. Review competitor and market insight provided by product analysts and senior product analysts. Utilize this information in the strategic development and maintenance of products.
III. Ensure compliance with regulatory and technical product requirements is met and products being delivered to the customer are correct. Implement changes in process or system support to maintain compliance when required.
IV. Ensure that underwriting regulatory reports are handled by appropriate unit and support compliance with all involuntary plans. Advise management of reporting, plan rule, or requirement changes that are of consequence to Church Mutual.
V. Assist in areas of market conduct that relate to product rate, form, and rule filings for assigned lines of insurance and states.
VI. Communicate and maintain information on product and compliance issues.
VII. Act as technical consultant to all departments for assigned lines and states.
VIII. Develop working relationships with boards, bureaus, and trade organizations.
IX. Participate in special project work as directed. May be responsible for management of special projects.
X. Peer review of department work product. Assist with training new employees on standard work processes. Audit work completed.
- Prior Experience:
Generally seven or more years of related experience in a product development or product compliance position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- Related industry course work a plus.
- Necessary Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must have significant technical knowledge of commercial insurance forms, rates, and rules.
- Thorough understanding of the state and federal regulatory environment.
- Above-average communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized and work toward achieving established deadlines.
- Understanding, or ability to learn, Church Mutual line of insurance procedures, processes, and product lifecycle management.
- Ability to identify when bureau, insurance department, rating service organizations, or other requirements will impact Church Mutual.
- Sound judgment and decision making. Ability to act independently but also recognize when independent action is not appropriate.
- Ability to support Church Mutual's position with insurance regulators.
- Understanding of Church Mutual's mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools.
- Analytical and goal driven.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,940.72 - $150,519.89 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location