Full Job Description
At Church Mutual, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. For more than 125 years, we’ve made it our business to protect those who serve and inspire others through our specialized insurance expertise and innovative solutions. Our customers do amazing things for the world — when we protect them, we Stand for Good. We foster a workplace where all employees are treated with dignity and respect; diversity, inclusion and belonging are woven into the fabric of our company through our customers, employees, leadership, business relationships and outreach programs.
What you’ll be doing:
Provide risk control services to Church Mutual customers and prospective accounts for a specific market segment. Represent Risk Control at service capability presentations and customer onboarding sessions. Analyze data to determine gaps in risk control services/materials to the specialized market and develop and implement solutions. Develop relevant and unique educational content pertinent to the specific market.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Consult with customers, in the assigned market, both in-person and remotely for risk mitigation to reduce losses and strengthen their Risk Control Program.
- Develop content and deliver presentations to assist internal and external customers to better understand the unique risk exposures of the assigned market.
- Analyse data and identify gaps in existing service strategies, resources, and training programs. Develop, recommend, and implement needed changes.
- Work with the Underwriting Department to develop risk reduction techniques for the specialty market.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop risk control materials for the specialty market.
Here’s what we expect:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. Bachelor's degree in a safety related field is preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education in the insurance industry is desired.
- A minimum of five years of experience within the specific market.
- Extensive knowledge of specialized facility operations and related loss exposures and controls within the specific market.
- Highly conversant with training materials and programs specific to the needs of the specialized market.
- Experience in managing risk control services on large accounts is preferred.
- Mastery in developing presentations and presenting to groups.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent planning skills for service delivery and itinerary management.
- Demonstrated consulting skills in risk control area.
- Proven ability to analyze data, develop, and implement solutions.
- Proven time management and detailed organizational skills.
- Overnight travel up to two weeks a month is required.
- Travels routinely via plane to customer locations.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Works inside and may work outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid, and varied lighting conditions.
- May require occasional physical activities that include standing, walking (including extended periods on level and uneven walkways and surfaces that are wet, icy, snowy, or cluttered), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing (including ladders and stairs).
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote