St. Mary School is a Catholic learning community which actively models the full character of Christ. Our purpose is to educate the heart, mind, body and soul of the student and to develop the potential in each, giving glory to God.
This position will serve as the Director of the before and after school program: St. Mary Enrichment Extended Day (SMEED). The director will manage all aspects of the SMEED program, including programmatic, enrollment, and financial matters. The director is expected to abide by the policies and procedures of the local school, the Archdiocese of Denver, and the Office of Catholic Schools. The director cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
REPORTS: Direct Manager: Preschool Director
SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE: Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary
St. Mary Catholic School is hiring a part-time Program Director for our after school Extended Day Program. Interested applicants must enjoy working with school aged children ages preschool - 8th grade, be 21 years of age or older and meet all Program Director requirements for the state of Colorado with verifiable experience. Hours of the program are 7:00am - 7:45am and 2:30 - 6pm, Monday - Friday, with occasional administrative duties that can be accomplished any time of day, with a total per week of 20-25 hours, during the school year. The Program Director must be present for 60% of the time daily.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Administrative competencies: organized, competent with time management and coordination of projects, budgeting.
- Maintaining current licensing requirements and background checks
- Overseeing scheduling of various after school activities
- Planning and purchasing activity materials and snack items
- Managing the program by planning indoor and outdoor activities for students
- Positive behavioral coaching for students using problem solving skills
- Demonstrating knowledgeable decision making, judgment and concern for the proper care and well-being of children
- Energetic and joyful disposition
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree majoring in recreation, outdoor education, education, or other human service field preferred; 2-year degree with 1200 verifiable experience hours in an educational setting required. Verifiable experience includes experience in the care and supervision of four or more children from the ages of 4-18 years, unrelated to the applicant and attained since the age of 18.
- CPR/1st Aid/Standard precautions training
- Complete Archdiocese of Denver Safe Environment Training.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- Effective supervisory skills;
- Effective listening and verbal communication skills;
- Must have appropriate control and discipline techniques to successfully manage a classroom;
- Must work cooperatively with school staff and administration;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of and willingness to implement safety and emergency procedures;
- Positive references and recommendations;
- Complete necessary training as required by CDHS and the Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools;
- Successfully complete CPR/1st aid training and Universal Precautions upon hire;
- Successfully pass a criminal background check upon hire.
- Requires lifting up to 40 pounds and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to execute appropriate safety and emergency procedures, including leading evacuations and providing basic first aid.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
The employee is expected to be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church and an active member of a Roman Catholic Parish.
As all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the teachings, goals and mission of the Church in performing their work. Every employee of St. Mary Catholic School/Parish is expected to:
- Model virtue and justice
- Create a warm, welcoming, positive and cheerful workplace for students, staff, and parishioners
- Foster respect and dignity of all, do not gossip, do not slander or malign others
- Embrace a spirit of docility, obedience, and accept the leadership and vision of the Pastor
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality and personal integrity, not allowing personal issues to interfere with managing work responsibilities
- Adhere to business professional dress code