Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Social Case Worker I at Catholic Charities:
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Manages HMIS enrollments for Intakes as applicable WES location.
- Manages all pre-screens and referrals for the WES team at applicable
- May assigns new clients to SCW team for case management.
- Reviews referrals from community partners.
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant participant information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently
- Communicates with other staff to resolve problems with individual participants
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the basic theories and practices of counseling and social work, interviewing and assessment techniques, and professional reports and documents preparation.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, other employees, organizations and the public are required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $20.00/hr + $1 for Bilingual
Schedule: Dependent on position, WES is open 24/7.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Catholic Charities follows Federal Mandates.
Work Location: One location