$60,000 - $80,000 a year
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health savings account
- Communication skills
- Public speaking
- Growing experience
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Job Title: Spiritual Director
Reports To: Board of Trustees
Job Status: Full time salary based
Salary Range: Total annual compensation range of $60,000 - $80,000 (a negotiated combination of salary, health care allowance, ministerial housing allowance, commission for classes), depending upon experience
Key Words from our community: spirituality, personality, local/global influence, harmony, storytelling, future ideas, ceremonies, membership drives, counselor, marketing talents, diversity
There is no place in the world like the Althea Center! Seriously! Not kidding!
Visit us in person or check us out on YouTube or Facebook.
Althea is a leading, innovative, and cherished sanctuary for dynamic spiritual education, transformative experience, and compassionate, inclusive community with a focus on the Mystical Path and the evolution of consciousness!
- live a deeply spiritual life and desire to make the world a better place by embodying Infinite Love and Oneness
- want to utilize that heart-centered consciousness by running a spiritual center
- possess a flair for speaking, organization, fund raising
- have dynamic ideas surrounding building relationships, diversity and membership
- are looking for a place to express your kindness, respect, creativity, and enthusiasm
- delight in being part of an organization with wonderful people and exciting events
- have experience leading and/or growing a spiritual community
…then look no further! You may finally put your talents behind a community that stands for what you believe in. Being a part of the Althea Center’s talent and resources with its 100-plus year history, you will find this position much more than a ministerial job.
THE ALTHEA CENTER
- We are an unconventional spiritual center.
- We are a dynamic, diverse community committed to supporting, inspiring and challenging all who seek an expansive way of being and a joyful experience of life.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- understands and personally resonates with the Althea mission, message and culture
- embodies a “be of service” solution-oriented mentality
- has advanced communication skills
- embraces diversity issues
- possesses organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- is always willing to “do what it takes” – jump in and help with hands on work
- has a degree in religion, humanities, psychology, counseling, or related field; consideration given for other types of degrees or experience
We are open to:
- Flexibility in the Spiritual Director’s schedule if they have other work pursuits (e.g., writing, counseling, retreats, consulting), as long as the demands of the position are met
- A domestic partner arrangement where the couple co-leads the Spiritual Director role
Purpose: The Spiritual Director is aligned with the mission, vision and values of the Center and works to “Awaken the Spirit of Oneness in All” by teaching the basic principles of consciousness, and exploring the mystic traditions present in all major religions.
Key Areas of Responsibility for the Spiritual Director representing 80% of the role:
- execute strategic planning and staff coordination needed to fulfill the Center’s Mission, Vision and Purpose through a variety of programs, services, encounters, experiences
- design and deliver a one-year action plan; demonstrate measurable progress
- plan and execute the weekly Sunday Service with a* 1.5-hour workshop to follow*
- counsel members when necessary to address major life changes
- maintain a personal spiritual practice; seek the advice and mentorship of other spiritual leaders to ensure continuous personal growth
- teach a variety of classes and programs to enhance the spiritual growth of Althea’s community
- reimagine our curriculum, determine needed classes, review teacher and program applications, guide and direct curriculum development to grow our revenue stream
- develop a children’s program
- develop a diversity program
Areas of Responsibility representing 20% of the role:
- grow our membership
- grow our revenue streams
- devise and run Althea’s marketing and public relations strategies with a written marketing plan
- secure special event speakers
- work with staff to enhance Althea’s website, newsletters and social media accounts
- work with the Building Manager, Administrator, Digital Communicator, Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteers, staff, treasurer and Board to ensure the community and building are taken care of
- prepare annual budgets, program budgets and special event budgets
- work with the Board and staff to develop strategies for achieving financial sustainability, and aggressively pursue new funding sources
- plays an active role in the organization’s fundraising efforts and has positive relationships with individual donors, looking toward legacy capital donations
If all of the above challenges you, thrills you with joy at the thought of embracing Althea’s fantastic goals and loving community to form our next level of expression with Infinite Creativity, APPLY NOW!
REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION:
Information: resume or CV, cover letter, and a video file or link to a video of previous speaking engagement (or record one) which demonstrates your public speaking abilities
Optional: Send link to your website, letters of recommendation, marketing materials you have created for your work, published works
Required materials must be sent to: admin@ altheacenter.org with Spiritual Director in the subject field, addressing correspondence to Althea Board of Trustees.
ALTHEA CENTER’S MISSION
Awakening the Spirit of Oneness in All
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health savings account
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Althea Center will require masks to be worn by all participants, at all times while indoors beginning Sunday, August 1st.
- Describe your experience with public speaking for large groups.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Spiritual Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location