Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review approved payables to verify proper coding, footing, and compliance.
- Make sure all invoices are unit approved through the workflow system beforemaking paymentse.
- Check toat all backup is attached to each check request.
- Review approved payables into the Shelby Workflow system.
- Process checksbatchched.
- Maintain all vendor files, assigning vendor ID for check runs.
- Take phone calls regarding Accounts Payable as needed.
- Work with vendors to problem solve as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Preferred: An Associate of Arts degree in Accounting from an accredited college program and (2) two years of computerized accounting experience. Experience instead of education will be considered.
- Required: A High School Diploma and (1) one-year of computer experience.
- Be supportive of The Salvation Army’s mission. Ability to reflect and model the high standards of our organization as one of the world’s most distinguished human services charitable organizations.
Software-related skills: Microsoft Word and Excel required, Lotus Notes, Working knowledge of integrated database applications, and ability to use new software programs with basic training.
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach Jesus Christ's gospel and meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Acknowledgment of Religious Purposes of The Salvation Army
I have been informed and understand The Salvation Army's religious purpose and status as a church. In my employ, I will not undermine the sacred's sacred mission or spiritual goals, nor will my professional conduct conflict with, interfere with, or undermine its religious programs or religious purposes.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull, and reach overhead. Ability to operate telthe ephone. Ability to lift to 25 pounds. Ability to access and produce information from the computer. Ability to learn a general understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and FASB Standard Pertinent to The Salvation Army. The ability to operate 10-key by touch and other standard office equipment. Ability to understand written information. Qualified individuals must be able to perform the position's essential duties with or without accommodation. A request to modify or adjust these requirements may be made to your supervisor and HR. The Salvation Army would attempt to satisfy demands if the accommodation needed is reasonable and presents no undue hardship.
Covid Statement for Job Descriptions:
All Salvation Army employees working at a facility covered by this order (Denver City Covid – 19 High-Risk Setting Requirement per Mayor Hancock) must be fully vaccinated.
Statement of Confidentiality:
The AP Clerk occupies a position of trust and is expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit loyalty to The Salvation Army and the staff of the Intermountain Division in all job-related matters.