Job Overview: Responsible for assisting the Safety & Security Director with daily activities related to the safeguarding of ministry assets, campuses, employees, members and volunteers. Will assist in the development of emergency planning, crisis management, safety and risk management policies and procedures for all ministry owned and operated buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises KJM security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security volunteers.
- Responsible for preparing reports and records for the Director and KJM management team.
- Responsible for the development and evaluation of policies, practices and procedures to ensure that they maintain industry standards.
- Identifies and resolves security related problems under the supervision of the department Director
- Helps to develop and implement alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Coordinates activities within the security area.
- Assists the Security Director preparing budget estimates and reports.
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security volunteers under the supervision of the Security Director.
- Audits security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security
- Prepares reports pertaining to internal investigations
- Responsible for maintaining a daily log and completing incident reports.
- Develops, implements and manages security training.
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Serves as a liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to the training of volunteers, logistics, etc.
- Performs, arranges and supervises executive protection.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel/utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions.
- Maintains constant surveillance of KJM buildings through resources provided.
- Reports suspicious activity to Director
- Assists Director with following tasks:
- Managing VMS and access control system
- Fire suppression equipment inspections and maintenance
- Managing any federal grants and projects
- Projects and Events
- Implementing and enforcing OSHA standards with employees.
- Shares pertinent information with other shifts or authorized personnel.
- Completes all tasks assigned professionally and within deadlines.
- Must possess Security licenses D and G, Concealed Weapons Permit, First Aid, CPR & AED
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and Spanish.
- Ability to do basic math, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide solutions.
- Must possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Gmail, and Adobe Reader
- Understand camera software such as VMS and Access control.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of hours per shift.
Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Degree); or 5 years related experience and/or training in the security field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Uncompromised commitment to KJMs vision, values, core beliefs and statement of faith.
- Agree to be an active participant in King Jesus International Ministry.
- Be a born-again Christian who conducts affairs in accordance with the Bible and maintains a lifestyle consistent with the Scriptures.
- Understand that in this role, they are a critical part of KJMs mission to bring the supernatural power of God to this generation, and that part of their responsibilities as a church employee includes being considered a spiritual leader in the church.